The annual conference of the Mid-Atlantic Societies of Anesthesiologists (MASA) brings together anesthesia physicians and care team providers dedicated to the high standards of our profession in a two-day event, sponsored by the Maryland Society of Anesthesiologists, the Virginia Society of Anesthesiologists and the District of Columbia Society of Anesthesiologists. For decades, anesthesiologists have applied their skills and knowledge to provide the highest quality of patient care at the highest level of patient safety.
As the business and practice of anesthesia changes in the nation, we must involve ourselves in every aspect of healthcare management and delivery to uphold this tradition. Embracing the nation’s capital, the Mid-Atlantic region and its states’ anesthesia societies are well-positioned to host a yearly call-to-action educational summit. The timing and location of the first MASA meeting immediately preceding the American Society of Anesthesiologists (ASA) Legislative Conference is no mere coincidence. Since colonial times, the major ports, shipping routes and waterways of the Mid-Atlantic states have contributed to the growth of trade and economic success within the region.
In much the same way, the exchange of new ideas concerning management, legislation changes, safe techniques, quality initiatives and evidence-based practice improvements at the MASA annual conference will steer anesthesiology toward an even safer and more sustainable future for our patients and ourselves.
What to expect at this two-day summit:
- Presentations from renowned experts who will share their knowledge and theories
- Didactic lectures, roundtable discussions and panel debates that encourage collaboration
- Information displays from cutting-edge industry supporters
- Top scientific posters selected from the Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference (MAARC) with a Best Resident Scientific Poster Award ceremony and presentation
- Resident PAC Competition and Robert Lyles Advocacy Awards ceremony
- Dinner with the ASA President and President-elect (Sunday night/optional)